Our 'new to us' house is just over 3000sf of finished space. We loved the fact that nothing had ever been upgraded in it's 22 years. Builder basic and just waiting for us to save it from it's dreary self. The bedrooms were all large, especially the Master Bedroom with it's 2 walk-in closets, small 'kitchen' area and fair sized bathroom. In fact the whole back of the house was the Master bedroom!
The kitchen was the other buying feature for us. It had to be big and we'd found it with this house. After a total gut...it would be fabulous!
Needless to say we were very anxious to get started on renoing when we took possession.
As life will have it...we've been in the house for almost 1.5 years and not one major reno has taken place. Life...illness (Vasculitis & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder...both me) and therefore lack of fund$ prevented us from undertaking any of the renos that would enhance our life & home.
Our new kitchen, hardwood flooring throughout, new powder room, laundry room and first and formost our bedroom and bathroom were put on hold indefinitely.
Until this week!
We ordered the air-jet tub 3 weeks ago and this week and *finally* began taking out walls in preparation for the tubs delivery on January 5th.
The bedroom reno is being done in two phases:
- Dressing room and bathroom
- The 2 walk-in closets will become 1 large dressing room.
- The small kitchen area and hallway will be removed to make room for the tub and to open up the bathroom in to the bedroom hall which is currently dividing the closets and bathroom.
- The bathroom will be enlarged to include the hallway allowing the tub to be a feature upon entering the bedroom.
- The bathroom will be reconfigured to suit our needs (read HUGE shower and private toilet).
So this week we are working on the walk-in conversion to a single large dressing room. It was so exciting to see the wall between come down. It was at that point that I realized just how big the dressing room will be! Bigger than our kids bedrooms in our last house...nice!