Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Healing Garden and a Confession

A wonderful place exists in Toronto. I'd never heard of this place until last week. It's a supportive place for women, with mental and emotional illness'. 






The George Herman House encourages a self-directed and independent lifestyle using a Holistic approach to health: mind, body, spirit. The House, while funded by Ministry of Health, it relies on donations






The GHH was looking for help turning their back yard in to a Healing Garden. Upon learning of this a group of bloggers in the GTA have rallied and before you know it they had IKEA Canada on board as a sponsor! 


So why am I blogging about this? I'm helping with the garden...for a selfish reason: because I was diagnosed a little over 2 years ago with Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD). My options where to take medication and get in line to see a Psychiatrist or go to Guelph where they have a program specializing in PTSD. I chose to stay at home...after trying (unsuccessfully) to run away. I'm still working on getting better...it's easiest when I'm working because I love what I do. Creativity heals. The crisis, for me is over for now, but I'm just now learning that I have only made it through the depression. As I continue healing I'd like to know I'm helping others and the healing garden fits perfectly. Creativity & connectivity through the healing garden.






I hope to see the George Herman House healing garden full of laughing, confident, healthy women some day and I'd like to know I had a hand in it.


You can help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, I love to hear what's on your mind!