Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

The life of a blogger

What a whirlwind weekend it's been for Design Bloggers in Ontario! This past Saturday evening many of us from the GTA (Great Toronto Area for my American friends) and one from Ottawa(!) attended the Canadian Design Bloggers Meet Up at the boutique Hotel Le Germain.




How swanky is that? Not swanky enough...ok. The gentleman at the desk has the best french accent. Every word spoken in the Queen's own sounds over the top chic when said with a thick french accent.

This was no traditional Meet Up. Organizers, Daniella (Dress Design Decor) and Vie (Verdigris Vie), arranged sponsors who went all out providing free flowing wine, hor d'oeuvres, gift bags and top notch giveaways. The mood was cocktail party all the way.

When I heard about the MU I was all over it; excited to meet fellow bloggers who I'd been reading for some time. I was also looking forward to discovering, new to me, blogs by fellow Canadian Design enthusiasts.

The evening was so much fun! I met the most incredible and fun women. Sadly there were no men present. I know you guy design bloggers exist...I follow you.

I was one of a few lucky bloggers to win a prize. The.Most.Coveted.Prize. Delta's Pilar Touch20 Technology and soap dispenser! I have wanted this faucet for my own home since it was first launched by Delta. You can bet when we redo our kitchen this faucet will hold a place of honour...I'm totally stoked. I mean, look at it:



I can not thank Daniella, Vie, our sponsors: Delta, GK Hair, Kravet, House and Home, Style at Home...the list goes on...for a wonderful night. I really hope to get together with these great bloggers again soon.

*bisous*
Dane


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, I love to hear what's on your mind!