Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Trends in Interior Design - Color Of the Year

I am so happy to be posting my predictions for another year! These truly are my favorite posts.


Last year I predicted the color of 2011 would be yellow. I'm confident I've been proven correct over the past year. Every yellow under the sun has been enjoying it's moment...in the sun. Ha! 


I have been thinking about what I see being the color of 2012 for the past 3 months and I was just not coming up with anything new. For about 2 seconds I actually thought I was losing my touch...ok for a bit longer than that. 


Then I gave my head a shake. Shitballs, we are talking about interior design! We don't shed our interiors the way we do our clothing...unless we are talking about someone who believes fad is synonymous with trend; who  have no concept of investment. Admittedly this was me for years. 


'Colour of the year' in interior design is the creation of corporations. Magazines, paint manufacturers et all marketing their products. Sure it's fun for about a week but come on who really wants to be told you have to have to have Honeysuckle (Pantone 2011) or Tangerine Tango (Pantone 2012). Really buttonholes colour in interior design and that shit don't fly with me. 


So, you ask what my colour of the year prediction for 2012 is? You've no doubt  guessed it by now. 


YELLOW! 



It is not going anywhere yet. It is not my favourite colour. I'm a dark and moody kind of interior design salope but I am still enjoying my yellow. Judging by the newest cover of House Beautiful...so are the editors at Hearst!
If you are someone who *needs* a new color each year...I'll give you this to chew on for interior design trends of 2012: the new black is...(link)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, I love to hear what's on your mind!