Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Elle Decor Modern Showhouse Beneficiary: Housing Works



Housing Works, the beneficiary of Elle Decor's The Modern Concept Showhouse, is a wonderful organization. Their Motto says it better than I could:
Housing Works is a healing community of people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Our mission is to end the dual crises of homelessness and AIDS through relentless advocacy, the provision of lifesaving services, and entrepreneurial businesses that sustain our efforts.
I was in the Gramercy Housing Works Thrift Shop on the Saturday before Kravet's BlogFest2011...I'd won a pair of never worn Chanel kitten heel pumps in blush and pink
through their on-line auction...and was so inspired by the work accomplished by the volunteers that I donated $120. I also picked up my Chanel's; I'd won them for $93! In case you don't follow pricing on vintage designer shoes: used Chanel's go for about $200. So my winning bid for New vintage Chanel pumps...was a huge score!



Unfortunately they are a little too wide for me :( but it was for a good cause. I'll likely use them in my dressing room as a display...with the Cole Haan Clutch I found in a basket of small clutches in the shop!

Yes I do have a new DSLR but iPhones are uber convenient!
Clutch was $15 - craziness I tell you! I also got a gold suede Coach wristlette...envious yet?!

The rug you see under the shoes/clutch is a wool Madeliene Wienrib I picked up from ABC Carpets. I love the unique print and the colours are perfect.

You can shop Housing Works online...they offer everything under the sun as well as auction items.

BTW, the furniture you can find in their Thrift Shops is unbelievable. Don't believe me? Take a look at the window display the day I was there:


Prices are out of this world...in a good way!

If you have the opportunity to stop in to a Housing Works take it because stock changes daily. Greater NYC has 13 locations; 10 of which are in Manhattan.

Please share what you find with me. I'd love to see your purchases and will blog your fab style! Because as you know, the find is exhilarating but it is in the gushing of others that you truly get to revel in your greatness!

A few more photos I took while in the Gramercy shop:






Raul, at the Gramercy shop taking my donation. He was as thrilled with my Chanel pumps and Cole Haan clutch find as I was. Very lovable guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, I love to hear what's on your mind!