Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gone So Long

I've returned from South Carolina and miss it terribly...including the heat. Considering SC daily low temperature is generally the same as Toronto's daily high I definitely prefer the south.

I have limited access to the Internet while in SC so my blogging and keeping up with the great blogs I follow has been non-existent. I wish it wasn't so as I miss keeping up and conversing with everyone.

My first post back is to catch you up on some great (thrift store) finds I have purchased over the summer:


Drexel's Declaration:  Mint Mid-century mahogany dresser with mirror designed by Steward MacDougall (furniture) and Kip Stewart (upholstery). If you'd like to learn more about this amazing line I recommend Pam Kueber's Reto Renovation's blog as it seems to be the most comprehensive I've come across (note Pam's got a martini in her hand...my kinda lady).

Want to see more pieces of this Drexel line?

The dresser was going to go in The Boy's bedroom...till the gorgeous and oh so brilliant husband pointed out The Boy would destroy it. So it is now my new dresser. Just have to break it to The Boy. Btw, the thrift store also had 2 matching bed tables but sold them separately (and before I arrived). Grrrr.



Lee Industries rolled arm sofa! Paid $100 :)

You will notice the newest member of the family on the sofa. Tallulah! The photo was taken today. She's 16 weeks old and hails from Lexington Virginia. But more on her in another post. Some day I'll have a slip cover made or re-upholster it but for now it is Tulah's sofa so the floral stays.



Mid-century modern solid wood (mahogany?) Brutalist side table. I have no idea who's design this. Frustrating. I have tried to research it but have had no luck. I know it is from North Carolina but there is only model numbers and NC stamped on the back. Inside, it is the back is mirrored.

I've got a mirror on top to protect the wood and I use it as a bedside table. My water glass and carafe are always filled with ice water which means they sweat. Sucks. This is also where I hide the candy from the kids. This also means I spend my evenings stuffing my face with junk :(

Post Modern Tubular Chair
The Boy's new Post Modern chair. Evidently this was a day when The Boy dressed himself. He loves his new chair.

Well these are the major pieces I've found this summer. Can't wait to see what I find next!

*bisous*

Dane

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love your thrift finds, especially that dresser with the gorgeous wood. And Tallulah, she's adorable! (I once cared for a fruit bat by that name!) How has she adapted to her new home, and sofa? I realize this is an old post, but I just found it.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I love to hear what's on your mind!