Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thrift Store Finds to Pass the Time

'm between clients and going just a wee bit bonkers so I've been hitting the thrift stores. I've got a few items on my wish list to find for next to nothing...don't we all?

Of course I didn't find the credenza nor the dressers I could restore and lime (cerused).


I did find a chair I can turn into a nice conversation piece while I wait for a call from a new or previous client! waiting....


I wanted to see if there was anything (special) around the house I could use to cover the back of the chair with and found an old skirt I've been keeping despite the sad fact it hasn't fit me since I got the 'momma hips'.




It will *just* fit across the top and is long enough. I never noticed before, but the label says the skirt design is copyrighted...cool it's ART!

Perhaps the chair will be inspired by Stephen Sprouse's Tuxedo Jacket Cher wore when she sang "I Got You Babe" with Sonny, one last time, on Letterman. I totally wanted the jacket...still do but would *have* to lose those shoulder pads.



Looks like this chair will be a fun piece! I will, of course, do a reveal upon completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, I love to hear what's on your mind!